Differences are abound no matter where we are or what we subscribe to. Being Muslims, we are not exempted from this. Rather than focusing on the differences, the khutbah on 12th April 2013 calls us to look at the things which all Muslims can agree upon; the ‘fiqh tauhidi’ or fiqh of unity. We all […]
The khutbah on 5th April was opened up my mind a little. My perception of the syariah previously was that it was just a set of laws for us to follow. While not wrong, it actually goes deeper than that. There is wisdom and purpose behind it which can be separated into 3 categories: Relationship […]
While the previous khutbahs in the month of March touched on treating our family members (parents and spouses) well, this time the khutbah on 15th March 2013 was a reminder for us to have good ties with people outside of our families; more specifically, our neighbours. We could have bumped into them in the […]
Khutbah Reflections: Emulating the Diligence in Pursuing Islamic Knowledge – Lessons from the Story of Abdul Rahman Bin ‘Auf
While the khutbah on 1st February 2013 spoke about the Companions in general, the one on 8th February 2013 spoke about a particular Companion by the name of Sayyidina Abdul Rahman Bin ‘Auf. He was one of the first people to embrace Islam and had given up much of his wealth for the benefit of […]
Khubah Reflections: Harnessing the Legacy of Rasulullah – Lessons from the Lives of the Companions r.a
While the khutbah on 25th January 2013 spoke about the leadership of Rasulullah(S), this time on 1st February, it touched on the legacy he left behind in the form of the Companions who learned directly from him. They were promised Paradise by Allah and were regarded by Rasulullah(S) himself as the best of people followed […]
- Habib Umar’s riveting talk at Sultan Mosque: Night of Mahabbah November 2016 November 3, 2016
- The Miraculous Night Journey and Heavenly Ascent: The Prophetic Mission for Humanity May 4, 2016
- Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? May 3, 2016
- In This Week: 2 Great Muslim Women Are Representing Singapore in Their Respective Fields April 26, 2016
- 14 Instagram Accounts All Singaporean Muslims Must Follow April 21, 2016
- Read this if you are struggling April 7, 2016
- Singaporean Ustadh Zahid aims to raise $32,000 for Syrian refugees by walking 32km March 8, 2016
- A Muslim’s Reflection on Kung Fu Panda 3 March 7, 2016
Top 5 Must-Have Muslim Apps – Radio Al Ansaar on Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps […] Source:MuzlimBuzz […]
Jean Phillip on Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant 19th May 2016 Paul is NOT Halal certified and does not ...
murujan on An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists Are you sure the people you are writing to even ...
Muhammad Alif Bin Abu Bakar on Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? ما شاء الله 👍🏽 On that note, a very prominent O&G ...
Saiha on Notes from Seeker’s Retreat 2013 – Realizations, Purpose, Ethics by Imam Afroz Ali Jazakallah khair for posting this sister. May Allah make you ...
Most Commented Posts Widget
- An Open Letter to Mr Jason Neo, Christian Eliab Ratnam and Donaldson Tan. By Muzlimbuzz on November 23, 2011 28
- LGBT Muslims: Starting a Conversation By Muzlimbuzz on July 20, 2012 27
- Zayn Malik: Pop Star AND Muslim By Muzlimbuzz on June 21, 2012 15
- Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps By Muzlimbuzz on April 15, 2011 15
- An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists By Muzlimbuzz on September 24, 2013 14
- A Horrible Story About A Muslim Marriage Meeting By Muzlimbuzz on June 10, 2011 14
- Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant By Muzlimbuzz on October 26, 2012 12
- Arts Feature: Paper Medina By Muzlimbuzz on January 16, 2012 10
- Circumcision in Islam: A Meaningless Tradition Worth Discarding? By Muzlimbuzz on November 11, 2013 10
- Should Parents Allow Their Children To Watch Anak Metropolitan? By Muzlimbuzz on July 13, 2012 8