The cycle is familiar enough to most, if not all of us. Something vaguely controversial happens. Muslims organise an event to educate other Muslims on the etiquette of touching dogs. A deceased non-Muslim politician is lauded in the Friday khutbah. Muslim celebrities are featured as ambassadors for a gay pride event. The controversy goes viral […]
BANGKOK — Six Muslims has died and dozens of homes destroyed, amid a resurgence of religious violence in western Myanmar, a senior police officer said Wednesday. The deaths and the burning of houses in and around the city of Thandwe occurred Tuesday, just hours before President Thein Sein arrived in the area on Wednesday as […]
The bigot and the Muslim are both actors, but their small social experiment proves that there are still good souls out there.
[box_dark]What: Open Call: Women of Peace – From The Quran Where: Play Den, The Arts House Who: Keelat Theatre Ensemble When: 24 March 2013 By: The Arts House as part of Literally 9: Writers Party[/box_dark] Viscerally, Islam and Theatre may not be most natural combination. But when Keelat Theatre Ensemble took it upon themselves to […]
Last week, we read & watched the horrible video about the homophobic and fanatical ‘Muslim Patrol‘ harassing residents in East London. Now meet a different kind: the ‘Muslim Snow Patrol’. In Newcastle a group of volunteers from the local Islamic Diversity Centre have banded together to help clear residential roads and drives. Newcastle City Council […]
The khutbah on 28th December 2012 spoke of 3 main points in preserving justice in our everyday lives namely, Just in enriching our souls. Just in our actions and balanced in seeking knowledge. Just in helping the people around us. In our efforts to sustain ourselves, we can sometimes lose focus. We work so hard […]
Jackie Y. Ying is someone whose life defies expectations and stereotypes at every turn. In the largely male-dominated field of scientific research with few prominent Asians or Muslims, Professor Ying is a female, Chinese-Muslim whose work in the field of nanotechnology has earned her accolade after accolade throughout her career, earning her the position of […]
Khutbah Reflections: Inculcating the Attribute of Al-Wafaa’ in Ourselves – The Key to a Close Relationship with Allah and with other Human Beings. This is for the Khutbah on 14 December 2012 [divider] A commitment isn’t something to be taken lightly. It is a promise that we have made and we are obliged to fulfil […]
It has been exactly two months since hundreds of international athletes marched in the Olympics 2012 Closing Ceremony at London, marking a point in their career. For some, the point is a high one, bearing medals of gold, silver or bronze as a testimony to their years of hard work and perseverance – of blood, […]
According to a recent report, the number of cases of hunger throughout the world in 2010 stands at a staggering 925 million people. What this means is that for every 7 people, at least 1 person is in dire need of food and facing malnutrition stemming from poverty. This trend combined with the fact that […]
Have you heard of the saying “You are what you eat”? Eating has such an amazing influence in our lives, yes? We are so blessed to have easy access to Halal food here in Singapore. On average, most of us eat at least 3 meals in a day. Some of us eat snacks in between. Do […]
I was on reservist duty for the past 2 weeks and it was quite a ride! It’s been many years since I first served National Service as a young man and I could tell that things were very different this time round. Most distinctively, I could sense a strong and palpable feminine presence all around […]
At the start of Ramadan, I was alerted to this radical blog: The New MethoFesto. Why was it so radical? In a world that recently seems to love to hate Muslims, here was a Methodist Pastor who willingly embarked on a month-long fast in solidarity with the Muslims. He wrote his reflections almost daily and […]
When I was younger, Ramadan to me meant waking up at a dreadful hour, then eating as much as I could during sahur (much like a bear preparing to go into hibernation) and then minimising all activities that would require any movement during the day, preferring to be horizontal as much as I could. With […]
Ramadan approaches and with it comes the promise of blessings, mercy and forgiveness for those who have hope in reward from Allah. Ramadan is like a great amplifier: it takes something that would have otherwise been common or ordinary and makes something grand and extraordinary out of it. Ramadan is the respite all Muslims so […]
- Habib Umar’s riveting talk at Sultan Mosque: Night of Mahabbah November 2016 November 3, 2016
- The Miraculous Night Journey and Heavenly Ascent: The Prophetic Mission for Humanity May 4, 2016
- Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? May 3, 2016
- In This Week: 2 Great Muslim Women Are Representing Singapore in Their Respective Fields April 26, 2016
- 14 Instagram Accounts All Singaporean Muslims Must Follow April 21, 2016
- Read this if you are struggling April 7, 2016
- Singaporean Ustadh Zahid aims to raise $32,000 for Syrian refugees by walking 32km March 8, 2016
- A Muslim’s Reflection on Kung Fu Panda 3 March 7, 2016
Top 5 Must-Have Muslim Apps – Radio Al Ansaar on Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps […] Source:MuzlimBuzz […]
Jean Phillip on Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant 19th May 2016 Paul is NOT Halal certified and does not ...
murujan on An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists Are you sure the people you are writing to even ...
Muhammad Alif Bin Abu Bakar on Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? ما شاء الله 👍🏽 On that note, a very prominent O&G ...
Saiha on Notes from Seeker’s Retreat 2013 – Realizations, Purpose, Ethics by Imam Afroz Ali Jazakallah khair for posting this sister. May Allah make you ...
Most Commented Posts Widget
- An Open Letter to Mr Jason Neo, Christian Eliab Ratnam and Donaldson Tan. By Muzlimbuzz on November 23, 2011 28
- LGBT Muslims: Starting a Conversation By Muzlimbuzz on July 20, 2012 27
- Zayn Malik: Pop Star AND Muslim By Muzlimbuzz on June 21, 2012 15
- Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps By Muzlimbuzz on April 15, 2011 15
- An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists By Muzlimbuzz on September 24, 2013 14
- A Horrible Story About A Muslim Marriage Meeting By Muzlimbuzz on June 10, 2011 14
- Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant By Muzlimbuzz on October 26, 2012 12
- Arts Feature: Paper Medina By Muzlimbuzz on January 16, 2012 10
- Circumcision in Islam: A Meaningless Tradition Worth Discarding? By Muzlimbuzz on November 11, 2013 10
- Should Parents Allow Their Children To Watch Anak Metropolitan? By Muzlimbuzz on July 13, 2012 8