Gender relations is one of the most misunderstood and abused topics in our communities. We often curtail the rights of women and shame and blame both men and women in its name. But how did the Prophet ﷺ train the Companions [God be pleased with them] when it came to making gender relations mistakes in […]
I used to have a job that required three hours of commuting everyday. I would wake up in the morning, have my morning coffee, shower, get dressed, pray Subh and immediately go out. This often meant leaving while it was still dark out for one and a half hours of waiting for buses, transferring to […]
On twitter. *scrolls feed* Picture: Thick wallet with 1K notes Caption: OMG. Life goals. #lifegoals #rich #yolo *scrolls feed again* Post: My parents seriously??!! What the. Urgh. *scrolls feed again..* Post: BTO money, transport, road tax, bills. When am I getting rich?! This is the kind of world we live in […]
An article was published on The Huffington Post entitled An Open Letter to Moderate Muslims, written by one Ali A. Rizvi, self-described as a “Pakistani-Canadian writer, physician, and musician”, who is in the midst of writing his first book entitled The Atheist Muslim. For an article that starts off purporting to understand that, yes, ordinary […]
The bigot and the Muslim are both actors, but their small social experiment proves that there are still good souls out there.
In life, we are always faced with decisions. The khutbah on 19th April 2013 was about some guidelines for us as Muslims to follow in the decision making process. “Fiqh Al-Muwazanat” or the “Fiqh of Judgement and Comparison” is a framework for us in making judgement based on our values and beliefs as Muslims […]
[box_dark]What: iApps for Life: An Intimate Conversation with Ustadh Usama Canon Where: United World College Auditorium When: 3rd May 2013 Who: Ustadh Usama Canon By: Simplyislam.sg[/box_dark] Humourous, engaging and relevant. Those were the impressions I was left with after the highly emotive lecture by Ustaz Usama Canon. The American born speaker artfully delivered his message to […]
Democracy hero Aung San Suu Kyi is visiting Japan for 6 days from Saturday. However, members of Myanmar’s Muslim minority Rohingya community said on Thursday that they have been barred from the gathering to welcome Suu Kyi. During her six-day trip, she is expected to have meetings with some of the approximately 10,000 Burmese who […]
With all the negative media associated with Islam these days it can be quite disparaging for the average Muslim. Every time we see another Muslim rapist, suicide-bomber, corrupt politician or backwards adherent using Islam to justify his or her deplorable actions, we almost want to scream from the rooftops: “These people do not represent Islam!” […]
The khutbah on 29th March 2013 was on a topic that we might have overlooked from an Islamic perspective. We hear or read so much about preservation of the environment, reducing wastage and cleanliness of our surroundings but these are things that were already taught to us by Rasulullah (S) more than 1400 years ago. […]
The khutbah on 8th March 2013 was of particular interest to me. Even though I’m not married yet, it’s something for me to take note of before embarking the next phase of life. I see marriage as a beautiful thing. A union of two people and by extension, their families as well through a bond […]
While the previous khutbahs in the month of March touched on treating our family members (parents and spouses) well, this time the khutbah on 15th March 2013 was a reminder for us to have good ties with people outside of our families; more specifically, our neighbours. We could have bumped into them in the […]
The khutbah on 1st March 2013 was about a topic that is close to my heart: Parents. These are the people who fed us, clothed us, raised us, and taught us right from wrong. They gave so much of themselves for us without expecting reciprocation but most of all; they taught us the meaning of […]
- Habib Umar’s riveting talk at Sultan Mosque: Night of Mahabbah November 2016 November 3, 2016
- The Miraculous Night Journey and Heavenly Ascent: The Prophetic Mission for Humanity May 4, 2016
- Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? May 3, 2016
- In This Week: 2 Great Muslim Women Are Representing Singapore in Their Respective Fields April 26, 2016
- 14 Instagram Accounts All Singaporean Muslims Must Follow April 21, 2016
- Read this if you are struggling April 7, 2016
- Singaporean Ustadh Zahid aims to raise $32,000 for Syrian refugees by walking 32km March 8, 2016
- A Muslim’s Reflection on Kung Fu Panda 3 March 7, 2016
Top 5 Must-Have Muslim Apps – Radio Al Ansaar on Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps […] Source:MuzlimBuzz […]
Jean Phillip on Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant 19th May 2016 Paul is NOT Halal certified and does not ...
murujan on An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists Are you sure the people you are writing to even ...
Muhammad Alif Bin Abu Bakar on Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? ما شاء الله 👍🏽 On that note, a very prominent O&G ...
Saiha on Notes from Seeker’s Retreat 2013 – Realizations, Purpose, Ethics by Imam Afroz Ali Jazakallah khair for posting this sister. May Allah make you ...
Most Commented Posts Widget
- An Open Letter to Mr Jason Neo, Christian Eliab Ratnam and Donaldson Tan. By Muzlimbuzz on November 23, 2011 28
- LGBT Muslims: Starting a Conversation By Muzlimbuzz on July 20, 2012 27
- Zayn Malik: Pop Star AND Muslim By Muzlimbuzz on June 21, 2012 15
- Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps By Muzlimbuzz on April 15, 2011 15
- An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists By Muzlimbuzz on September 24, 2013 14
- A Horrible Story About A Muslim Marriage Meeting By Muzlimbuzz on June 10, 2011 14
- Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant By Muzlimbuzz on October 26, 2012 12
- Arts Feature: Paper Medina By Muzlimbuzz on January 16, 2012 10
- Circumcision in Islam: A Meaningless Tradition Worth Discarding? By Muzlimbuzz on November 11, 2013 10
- Should Parents Allow Their Children To Watch Anak Metropolitan? By Muzlimbuzz on July 13, 2012 8