With prayers five times a day, and a pre-prayer ritual that requires washing the hands and arms, traditional fingernail polish has been mostly off limits because it prevents water from making contact with the nails. A new “breathable” nail polish by a Polish company, Inglot, is changing that. The company and some Muslims say the […]
Say hello to blazers. Let me tell you why. Most girls I know often fear that blazers will make them stand out, they feel too overdressed and it really doesn’t help that we live in the tropics. Personally, I think they’re such gorgeous pieces of clothing, especially on a woman. Its structured, comes in a […]
In fashion, there will always be two sides of the coin in every trend or style that the industry brings. But the most prominent topic that is always discussed is the heels+socks combo. This trend has been very famous on the runways and lookbooks of high-end brands, which would appear such a head-turner for anyone […]
Mette Reitzel is a filmmaker who has travelled to the States, Morocco and all across the UK with hip-hop duo, Poetic Pilgrimage. They have enough footage to produce a documentary but need funding for post-production. Please watch this video to see the trailer: WHO ARE THESE HIP HOP HIJABIS? Sukina and Muneera met at […]
We’ve all seen and witness the fashion week scene going on across New York, London, Milan and Paris with sheer amazement. With every piece of clothing designed and made to perfection, one must really go oohh and aahh while seeing the models on the runway. What’s astonishing is that, these Spring 2013 RTW pieces come […]
Hijab Fashionista and vlogger, Dina Torkia or better known as Dina Tokio hails from UK. Founder and owner of clothing line, Lazy Doll, her popularity increased when she participated in the TV show ‘Style the Nation’ in 2011 that was telecasted in the UK. Her YouTube videos had gone viral since, with over 17,000 subscriptions […]
Repeat “I am ‘Abd Allah.” out loud at least 5 times! You see, from breaking the words ‘Abd & Allah, subsequently one will end up saying “I am Abdillah.” or “I am Abdullah.” which sounds like a name! What are we saying, nevertheless? Well, the term ‘Abd itself means slave, so when you say “I […]
In the 3-min clip above, you’ll get to see how an exhibition in Sydney is dispelling myths about the Muslim hijab. It showcases Muslimah wear that are fashionable and beautiful, and also sports gear that allow Muslim women to engage in sporting activities without worrying about compromising on their faith.
When it comes to shoes, bags and clothes, Muslimah or not, we will always band together in the name of finding the perfect top/skirt/pants or shoes. Hijabis are no different. So many fashionable and stylish hijabis have been featured for having great fashion sense that complies with our obligations towards modesty and naturally, they inspire […]
Somewhat similar to the layering concept, you can add cardigans to create dimensions and textures to your outfit. There are literally tons of cardigan styles from the basic knit cardigan to the long ones to add height. How do I decide? You should at least invest in a basic cardigan that can go with just […]
The launch of the world’s first Muslim model agency, in New York’s fashionable Tribeca district, offered an interesting alternative to the options presented at New York Fashion Week a few blocks uptown. A coming-together of a particularly stylish segment of the Islamic community in this cosmopolitan city, the event on Saturday night played host to […]
Women everywhere have always fallen susceptible to buying and wearing trousers or jeans that don’t flatter our body shape and size. While still trying to be fashionably modest, this crucial piece of clothing shouldn’t be overlooked. We shed some light on the basics of pants and jeans. Boot-cut A pair of boot cut pants or […]
Layering. It’s a thing. In the second installment of our guide, it’s all about layering. Two options come to mind: the good ol’ basic long-sleeve tee and arm sleeves. Picture this if you will: You’re in a dressing room with a beautiful dress or blouse that you fancy but shucks, it’s sleeve-less/short-sleeved! Basic Long-sleeve Tee […]
- Habib Umar’s riveting talk at Sultan Mosque: Night of Mahabbah November 2016 November 3, 2016
- The Miraculous Night Journey and Heavenly Ascent: The Prophetic Mission for Humanity May 4, 2016
- Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? May 3, 2016
- In This Week: 2 Great Muslim Women Are Representing Singapore in Their Respective Fields April 26, 2016
- 14 Instagram Accounts All Singaporean Muslims Must Follow April 21, 2016
- Read this if you are struggling April 7, 2016
- Singaporean Ustadh Zahid aims to raise $32,000 for Syrian refugees by walking 32km March 8, 2016
- A Muslim’s Reflection on Kung Fu Panda 3 March 7, 2016
Top 5 Must-Have Muslim Apps – Radio Al Ansaar on Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps […] Source:MuzlimBuzz […]
Jean Phillip on Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant 19th May 2016 Paul is NOT Halal certified and does not ...
murujan on An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists Are you sure the people you are writing to even ...
Muhammad Alif Bin Abu Bakar on Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? ما شاء الله 👍🏽 On that note, a very prominent O&G ...
Saiha on Notes from Seeker’s Retreat 2013 – Realizations, Purpose, Ethics by Imam Afroz Ali Jazakallah khair for posting this sister. May Allah make you ...
Most Commented Posts Widget
- An Open Letter to Mr Jason Neo, Christian Eliab Ratnam and Donaldson Tan. By Muzlimbuzz on November 23, 2011 28
- LGBT Muslims: Starting a Conversation By Muzlimbuzz on July 20, 2012 27
- Zayn Malik: Pop Star AND Muslim By Muzlimbuzz on June 21, 2012 15
- Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps By Muzlimbuzz on April 15, 2011 15
- An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists By Muzlimbuzz on September 24, 2013 14
- A Horrible Story About A Muslim Marriage Meeting By Muzlimbuzz on June 10, 2011 14
- Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant By Muzlimbuzz on October 26, 2012 12
- Arts Feature: Paper Medina By Muzlimbuzz on January 16, 2012 10
- Circumcision in Islam: A Meaningless Tradition Worth Discarding? By Muzlimbuzz on November 11, 2013 10
- Should Parents Allow Their Children To Watch Anak Metropolitan? By Muzlimbuzz on July 13, 2012 8