Pairing Socks with Heels: Guest Post by Shea Rasol
In fashion, there will always be two sides of the coin in every trend or style that the industry brings. But the most prominent topic that is always discussed is the heels+socks combo. This trend has been very famous on the runways and lookbooks of high-end brands, which would appear such a head-turner for anyone who sees them. It is proven from the Ankle socks with heels that were all over the runway for Burberry Prorsum SS10.
But what about actually putting those two together on the streets?
Some would say that that is the most ridiculous phenomenon that fashion has brought us upon, while others would admire the boldness of the wearer in pairing them both. Yes, true, it might look really awkward and funny if you were to pair your heels with ready-for-school socks, but somehow, it might just add a little more quirkiness in the look you’re putting on.
Tips for pairing your heels with socks/stockings:
• Pick socks that are subtle and safe in color ie: White/ Black / Grey / Beige / Canary Yellow / Taupe
• No frills on the socks please.
• Printed socks are not a good idea as well.
• Do not pair socks with platform heels.
• Do not wear socks with your heels if you are wearing a midi skirt/bubble hem trousers.
• Best when worn with oxfords heels, pumps, open-toe heels with wide strap(s), t-bars, ankle boots and wedges.
• Keep the ankle socks thin, but not sheer.
• If you are vertically challenged, you might want to avoid this style as it will cut your legs a few inches shorter than your original height.
• If you’re wearing a maxi dress/skirt, try to tone down the overall colors of the outfit, but pick a more bold color for the socks. And vice versa.
Nevertheless, this style is very Muslimah-fashion friendly! As known for a fact that it is required for the Muslimahs to cover their awrah including the feet as well, it might just be a trend that stays amongst the Muslimah who’s very fashion conscious but still practices true faith, no?
Now go and dig up your drawers and try prancing in heels with socks worn beforehand. You might just learn to love this style.[divider]
Shea Rasol is a popular hijab-clad fashion blogger, stylist & designer from Malaysia. Her website is www.myamethyst-shea.com/