Mothers’ & Fathers’ Day – Daily Event!
Ask any children as to who are the most important people in his/her life are and the immediate answer would be either the mother or father or both. However as the child grows big and becomes more intelligent and mature, parents are often sidelined and importance that was given to them earlier is found missing.
Parents start losing the popularity votes of their children as they grow old and this space is now occupied by their friends. Most children tend to remember their parents only on Mother’s day or Father’s day. This day of celebration becomes more of a ritual that needs to be fulfilled. So instead of enjoying this special day, most parents are left disappointed.
Parents tend to nurture and safeguarded children all through their life and once they grow big and strong and the parents become weak and old, it is time for children to take care of their parents.
You need not wait for any special day to make your mother and father feel special. As a Muslim, you would need to treat your parents with utmost respect and make them feel loved throughout the year and not k
It is not important to make loud declarations of love. There are numerous small gestures that will make your parents feel loved and appreciated. Here are some amazing ideas that will help you strengthen the bond with your parents.
- Most of us don’t live with our parents and visit them only occasionally. Parents tend to spend most days yearning to see their son or daughter or even their grandchildren. If possible you can try visiting them at least once a week. If you live nearby, you can try visiting them more often.
- Make your parents feel loved and appreciated by hugging and kissing them whenever possible.
- If you live far from your parents, you can try calling them up daily to enquire about their well being. Hearing your voice will give them a lot of happiness.
- Treat them with respect and keep your voice low, while talking with them. You should not shout or argue with them. If you have a difference of opinion with your parents, it can be resolved in a loving and pleasant manner too. Giving them respect is more important than showering them with expensive gifts. All your gifts would mean nothing, if you treat them with disrespect.
- It is important that you remember your parent’s birthdays, anniversaries or any other special day in their life. Try and make this day special by organizing a small party with family or friends.
- You can try and take your parents out for dinner at a place of their choice. Try organizing a special cake at the restaurant in their honor. They will cherish these memories forever.
- Give them a place of respect in all your celebrations. Ask for their advice and opinion whenever you have a family activity.
- Teach your children to respect their grandparents and spend enough time with them.
- If possible try and get a house closer to your parents so that they can visit you whenever possible. It will also help you to assist them easily in case of medical emergencies.
- If your parents want to visit a particular place or relative, you can drive them there or if that is not possible, try arranging for transportation.
- Send them fresh flowers to brighten up their day. You can also send across a card that expresses your gratitude towards your parents.
- Hold their hands and comfort them when they are sick.
- Cook a special meal for them.
Your parents have not restricted loving you to just one special day in a year and it is time you reciprocated this feeling. If you treat your parents with love and respect, your children will do the same as you get older.
Allah will be pleased with you, if you treat your parents with respect and affection throughout their life. Do not restrict these gestures to just one single day in a year. Your parents are special and you would need to treat them with kindness and humility.