The bigot and the Muslim are both actors, but their small social experiment proves that there are still good souls out there.
For football fans in Singapore, the English Premier League, or EPL for short, has been something of a sporting staple. Perhaps unintentionally, it may also now become a conversation starter when talking about Islam to non-Muslims, in a strictly secular country renowned for its hush-hush approach towards religious discourse. When the league first began in […]
Taken from “Seeker of the Sacred Knowledge“: Sayyiduna Khalid bin Walid (Radi Allah ‘anhu’s) maqam has been directly hit by the bombardment of the Assad-regime and the terror organization “Hezbollah”. La hawla wala quwatta illa billah. The Hezbollah support of the Syrian Army are strengthening their attacks on the people of Homs and are targeting […]
Yasiin Bey, also known as Mos Def, released a controversial video to show his take on the issue of force feeding at Guantanamo Bay prison. Force feeding is a standard procedure at Guantanamo Bay. Over 100 detainees have been on a hunger strike at the Cuba facility. The hunger strike is in protest to their […]
“Ask yourselves a few basic questions before claiming that you love your Prophet Muhammad (S) – Are you obeying what he commanded and abstaining from things he forbade? – Are you in any way in your life practicing your Prophet’s action and sayings? – Under what circumstances are you willing to sacrifice your life or […]
According to a recent report, the number of cases of hunger throughout the world in 2010 stands at a staggering 925 million people. What this means is that for every 7 people, at least 1 person is in dire need of food and facing malnutrition stemming from poverty. This trend combined with the fact that […]
On Aug. 30, the audience at The Pageant sat down to a unique experience. The “Laugh in Peace” comedy tour brings together a rabbi, a minister and a Muslim comedian in a show that aims to unite people through laughter. “We bring audiences together that would never sit in the same theater,” Azhar Usman, the […]
Volunteers of the organisation Stand4Hussain handed out flowers to the people in Oslo, with cards attached to them containing an introduction to the holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). This was in response to the sacrilegious film Innocence of Muslims, that caused outrage all across the Muslim world.
In the words of the guys behind 30 Mosques in 30 days, “Welcome to The Sifr. We created a collaborative music video thanks to the help of twelve of our artist friends around the world. Centered around the phrase “Blessing” each artist sent us their contribution that we blended together into this radiant reflection […]
Uthman Pasha School was attacked on the night of the 28th of August 2012, by militias and extremists. 200 year old antiquities and historical sites were totally destroyed. The imam who was beaten down and forced to open the School tells his story.
In the video below, Shaykh Ahmad Saad (UK) talks about the need to see our scholars as humans and not superhumans. The lack of understanding causes students to supersede their adab (etiquette) with their teachers. Please watch and inshaAllah gain some benefit. You can watch his other video on “Faith Schizophrenia” here.
In this very relevant & poignant video, Shaykh Ahmad Saad addresses a very amusing phenomena that we see in the Muslim society today. All or most of us must have come across that sister who is very rigid and strict with a Muslim brother, but friendly & easy-going with non-Muslim men. This is the […]
In this video, Shaykh Ahmad Saad talks about the importance of Ramadan, how we should behave in it and to welcome it. He also suggests that we dedicate our time & efforts this Ramadan to our parents & the elderly.
Wajahat Ali is a playwright, journalist, attorney, humorist and consultant. His award-winning play, “The Domestic Crusaders” [www.domesticcrusaders.com], is one of the first major plays about the American Muslim experience originally premiering at the Thrust Stage of the Tony award winning Berkeley Repertory Theater to universal acclaim in 2005 and making its New York premiere on […]
Dr Bilal Hassam (UK) is a medical doctor, youth leader, interfaith youth ambassador, khatib and activist. He visited SimplyIslam in April 2012 and Muzlimbuzz got a chance to sit down and have a chat with this multi-talented man! In this video, we ask him: 1) What are some of the lessons you’ve learned while working […]
- Habib Umar’s riveting talk at Sultan Mosque: Night of Mahabbah November 2016 November 3, 2016
- The Miraculous Night Journey and Heavenly Ascent: The Prophetic Mission for Humanity May 4, 2016
- Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? May 3, 2016
- In This Week: 2 Great Muslim Women Are Representing Singapore in Their Respective Fields April 26, 2016
- 14 Instagram Accounts All Singaporean Muslims Must Follow April 21, 2016
- Read this if you are struggling April 7, 2016
- Singaporean Ustadh Zahid aims to raise $32,000 for Syrian refugees by walking 32km March 8, 2016
- A Muslim’s Reflection on Kung Fu Panda 3 March 7, 2016
Top 5 Must-Have Muslim Apps – Radio Al Ansaar on Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps […] Source:MuzlimBuzz […]
Jean Phillip on Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant 19th May 2016 Paul is NOT Halal certified and does not ...
murujan on An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists Are you sure the people you are writing to even ...
Muhammad Alif Bin Abu Bakar on Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? ما شاء الله 👍🏽 On that note, a very prominent O&G ...
Saiha on Notes from Seeker’s Retreat 2013 – Realizations, Purpose, Ethics by Imam Afroz Ali Jazakallah khair for posting this sister. May Allah make you ...
Most Commented Posts Widget
- An Open Letter to Mr Jason Neo, Christian Eliab Ratnam and Donaldson Tan. By Muzlimbuzz on November 23, 2011 28
- LGBT Muslims: Starting a Conversation By Muzlimbuzz on July 20, 2012 27
- Zayn Malik: Pop Star AND Muslim By Muzlimbuzz on June 21, 2012 15
- Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps By Muzlimbuzz on April 15, 2011 15
- An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists By Muzlimbuzz on September 24, 2013 14
- A Horrible Story About A Muslim Marriage Meeting By Muzlimbuzz on June 10, 2011 14
- Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant By Muzlimbuzz on October 26, 2012 12
- Arts Feature: Paper Medina By Muzlimbuzz on January 16, 2012 10
- Circumcision in Islam: A Meaningless Tradition Worth Discarding? By Muzlimbuzz on November 11, 2013 10
- Should Parents Allow Their Children To Watch Anak Metropolitan? By Muzlimbuzz on July 13, 2012 8