Alhamdulillah, we were blessed with the presence of Habib Umar bin Hafiz as he gave a riveting and hair-raising talk last night at Sultan Mosque. Here are some notes from the talk. All mistakes are my own and please leave a comment or email me for any edits necessary. – The judgment of Allah on […]
This author hasn't written their bio yet.
Muzlimbuzz has contributed 615 entries to our website, so far.
In this invigorating talk, Shaykh Ahmad Saad links the events during al-Isra’ wal Mi’raj, the Miraculous Night Journey and Heavenly Ascent, to the mission of Prophet Muhammad ﷺ for humanity. Please watch the full lecture below or read the following excerpts: When we celebrate something, we are giving new life to the event and we have […]
Gender relations is one of the most misunderstood and abused topics in our communities. We often curtail the rights of women and shame and blame both men and women in its name. But how did the Prophet ﷺ train the Companions [God be pleased with them] when it came to making gender relations mistakes in […]
It’s only Tuesday but we’ve already gotten 2 great news this week mashaAllah! The first: Ustazah Nurul Izzah Khamsani clinched the top prize in the International Musabaqah Tilawah Al Quran competition recently and will be representing Singapore on the world stage next month. Ustazah Nurul Izzah was the first runner-up for 8 consecutive years before winning […]
Of course you don’t have to if you don’t want to, but here’s some suggestions that has made my Instagram scrolling worthwhile. 1 – @TheTudungTraveller Atikah Amalina has over 8000 followers and while she calls herself The Tudung Traveller, she posts way more than just her solo travels and the people she meets. What I find […]
I used to have a job that required three hours of commuting everyday. I would wake up in the morning, have my morning coffee, shower, get dressed, pray Subh and immediately go out. This often meant leaving while it was still dark out for one and a half hours of waiting for buses, transferring to […]
Syrian refugees fleeing the conflict in their country needs to walk thousands of miles to safety. They pass through Turkey to reach Greece, Macedonia, Serbia and some even to Germany. This perilous journey that millions of refugees undertake is the inspiration behind Ustadh Muhammad Zahid’s initiative to raise $32,000 by walking 32 kilometres on his […]
Po and friends return, making us laugh and go “Woahhhh!” at Shifu’s and Master Oogway’s wisdom. Don’t worry, no spoilers ahead! I’ll be frank. I’ve been a fan of the Kung Fu Panda movies since the first one came out in 2008. Po is clumsy, unabashedly adorable, and all-round lovable. The humour is side-splitting, […]
On 21st February 2016, Habib Kadhim Jaafar as-Saggaf concluded his last night for this visit in Singapore with an electrifying mawlid with the Singapore Haqqani Ensemble at SimplyIslam, 152 Still Road. Habib Kadhim attracted over 250 people to the premises, filling the whole hall with men, women, children and the elderly. The Singapore Haqqani […]
Ustadh Usama Canon embraced Islam in 1996 and was an early student of Shaykh Hamza Yusuf under the then-Zaytuna Institute (together with others such as Mustafa Davis and Shaykh Yahya Rhodus) before continuing his study of the traditional Islamic sciences with some of the foremost scholars across Africa and the Middle East. Ustadh Usama is […]
A Child in Need The Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alaihi wasallam said, “The best house of Muslims is one where an orphan is cared for’’. We cannot change their past but we can do something about their present, and their future. By providing them with care and love that they, as a human being deserve, a […]
Nicole L is quickly becoming a household name as her petition to MUIS and Minister-in-charge of Muslim Affairs,Yacoob Ibrahim, entitled ‘Stop the mass animal slaughter in Singapore during Korban’, gains traction on social media and elsewhere. The controversy has also fueled many knee jerk responses that range from belligerent name-calling online, to a blatantly tit-for-tat […]
Alhamdulillah the blessed first 10 days of Zulhijjah are upon us. We are living in the days in which the Prophet ﷺ said, “There are no days in which good deeds are more beloved to Allah than these days.” Prophet Muhammad ﷺ said that standing in one of these nights in prayer is equal to standing in […]
I’m not an expert on healing but having spent the past year (stubbornly) crouching at the bottom of pits and then slowly clawing my way out (and some months wondering what the point is since falling back down seemed to happen often), I think I’ve earned some street cred to say this: YOU WILL GET […]
We managed to ask Ustaz Salleh, Principal of SimplyIslam Weekend Islamic School, some questions about the popular course that he has taught since 2009 called Prophetic Healing. He also has 10 years of experience in the field. ___ How has knowledge of Prophetic Healing benefited you? I have to say the knowledge of Thibb Nabawi […]
- Habib Umar’s riveting talk at Sultan Mosque: Night of Mahabbah November 2016 November 3, 2016
- The Miraculous Night Journey and Heavenly Ascent: The Prophetic Mission for Humanity May 4, 2016
- Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? May 3, 2016
- In This Week: 2 Great Muslim Women Are Representing Singapore in Their Respective Fields April 26, 2016
- 14 Instagram Accounts All Singaporean Muslims Must Follow April 21, 2016
- Read this if you are struggling April 7, 2016
- Singaporean Ustadh Zahid aims to raise $32,000 for Syrian refugees by walking 32km March 8, 2016
- A Muslim’s Reflection on Kung Fu Panda 3 March 7, 2016
Top 5 Must-Have Muslim Apps – Radio Al Ansaar on Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps […] Source:MuzlimBuzz […]
Jean Phillip on Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant 19th May 2016 Paul is NOT Halal certified and does not ...
murujan on An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists Are you sure the people you are writing to even ...
Muhammad Alif Bin Abu Bakar on Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? ما شاء الله 👍🏽 On that note, a very prominent O&G ...
Saiha on Notes from Seeker’s Retreat 2013 – Realizations, Purpose, Ethics by Imam Afroz Ali Jazakallah khair for posting this sister. May Allah make you ...
Most Commented Posts Widget
- An Open Letter to Mr Jason Neo, Christian Eliab Ratnam and Donaldson Tan. By Muzlimbuzz on November 23, 2011 28
- LGBT Muslims: Starting a Conversation By Muzlimbuzz on July 20, 2012 27
- Zayn Malik: Pop Star AND Muslim By Muzlimbuzz on June 21, 2012 15
- Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps By Muzlimbuzz on April 15, 2011 15
- An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists By Muzlimbuzz on September 24, 2013 14
- A Horrible Story About A Muslim Marriage Meeting By Muzlimbuzz on June 10, 2011 14
- Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant By Muzlimbuzz on October 26, 2012 12
- Arts Feature: Paper Medina By Muzlimbuzz on January 16, 2012 10
- Circumcision in Islam: A Meaningless Tradition Worth Discarding? By Muzlimbuzz on November 11, 2013 10
- Should Parents Allow Their Children To Watch Anak Metropolitan? By Muzlimbuzz on July 13, 2012 8