Part 2 – Serialised for MuzlimBuzz.sg Read Part 1 here. Fri 20 Jul 2007 I spent the night at the hotel reception reading the Qur’an and Dala’il as the masjid was closed after isha’ prayers for cleaning (2012 update: On ascending the throne, King Abdullah famously issued the decree to keep Masjid al-Nabawi open 24 hours […]
This author hasn't written their bio yet.
admin has contributed 11 entries to our website, so far.
Keeping the Love Alive So the wedding excitement is over. You’re back from your honeymoon and this is when reality kicks in. How can you continue to be happy as a couple in the years to come? With divorce becoming increasingly common, it can be a scary thought. Mufti Menk’s solution is simple: Be God-conscious […]
Musings of an Ex-Husband Some disclaimers are necessary at the offset: I am not a sociologist trained in examining the family unit. Neither am I a marriage counsellor qualified to advise warring couples nor do I hold any grandiose pretension to be a guru of any sort. And I certainly am not a prophet of […]
I can’t really say I’ve been an advocate of healthy eating; having stuffed my face with starch, fats and sugar endlessly. Well, healthy eating aside, let’s move on to a delish dessert that you can prepare at home for Iftar… … Hold it! Stop counting calories off this sweet little thing, will ya? The ingredients […]
If there’s any staple food that deserves the title of Most Versatile, it would be pasta. C’mon, pasta types count to the hundreds and pasta dishes in the thousands. In fact, did you know that in the 1800, there are already 260 types of pasta? 211 years later, imagine the pasta population! Whether it be […]
From amongst the collection of “quotable quotes” on history, the statement of the eccentric English Lankaphile John Still deserves mention. He said, “The memories of men are too frail a thread to hang history from.” These words reverberated in my head at the recent discussion forum organised by MuzlimBuzz.sg. During his presentation at the […]
Middle Eastern cuisine has set a strong foothold here in Singapore. And needless to say, restaurant owners are taking good advantage of this by setting up theirs at locations beyond Arab Street. Albeit, the calmness of Medina-like Arab Street still captures the true essence of dining amidst the aroma of rich spices & puffs of flavoured sheesha. Amirah’s Grill at […]
Let me begin with a simple teatime treat that I religiously prepare every month – for the simple reason that there’s always bread leftover that’s near expiry and there aren’t that many stray birds to feed em to. The traditional Bread & Butter Pudding is an inexpensive excuse of creating an indulgent treat in less […]
I particularly recall fond childhood memories at the former Swensen’s branch at Changi Airport Terminal 2. Yes, the one with the indoor playground at their doorstep. Parents seated at dinner tables, with their heads outstretched occasionally to look out for their kids monkeying around at the play area. Swensen’s was the chosen venue for when parents get a […]
Ask any children as to who are the most important people in his/her life are and the immediate answer would be either the mother or father or both. However as the child grows big and becomes more intelligent and mature, parents are often sidelined and importance that was given to them earlier is found […]
By definition peer pressure is the influence of a group of individuals that encourages a person to change his or her attitudes, values and behavior patterns in order to acknowledge the norms of the group. Being highly social, we often fall victims to this pressure and lose our individuality. The youth often spend more time […]
- Personal Driver Rennes March 7, 2021
- Cancun Airport Transportation March 7, 2021
- Paris Airport Taxi March 7, 2021
- Taxi Transfers March 7, 2021
- Habib Umar’s riveting talk at Sultan Mosque: Night of Mahabbah November 2016 November 3, 2016
- The Miraculous Night Journey and Heavenly Ascent: The Prophetic Mission for Humanity May 4, 2016
- Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? May 3, 2016
- In This Week: 2 Great Muslim Women Are Representing Singapore in Their Respective Fields April 26, 2016
Top 5 Must-Have Muslim Apps – Radio Al Ansaar on Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps […] Source:MuzlimBuzz […]
Jean Phillip on Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant 19th May 2016 Paul is NOT Halal certified and does not ...
murujan on An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists Are you sure the people you are writing to even ...
Muhammad Alif Bin Abu Bakar on Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? ما شاء الله 👍🏽 On that note, a very prominent O&G ...
Saiha on Notes from Seeker’s Retreat 2013 – Realizations, Purpose, Ethics by Imam Afroz Ali Jazakallah khair for posting this sister. May Allah make you ...
Most Commented Posts Widget
- An Open Letter to Mr Jason Neo, Christian Eliab Ratnam and Donaldson Tan. By Muzlimbuzz on November 23, 2011 28
- LGBT Muslims: Starting a Conversation By Muzlimbuzz on July 20, 2012 27
- Zayn Malik: Pop Star AND Muslim By Muzlimbuzz on June 21, 2012 15
- Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps By Muzlimbuzz on April 15, 2011 15
- An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists By Muzlimbuzz on September 24, 2013 14
- A Horrible Story About A Muslim Marriage Meeting By Muzlimbuzz on June 10, 2011 14
- Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant By Muzlimbuzz on October 26, 2012 12
- Arts Feature: Paper Medina By Muzlimbuzz on January 16, 2012 10
- Circumcision in Islam: A Meaningless Tradition Worth Discarding? By Muzlimbuzz on November 11, 2013 10
- Should Parents Allow Their Children To Watch Anak Metropolitan? By Muzlimbuzz on July 13, 2012 8