10 Quotes from Shaykh Hisham’s “Navigating the Turbulence – Seeking Inner Peace” Lecture
Here are the Top Ten Quotes from last night:
Prophet (s) said “O Allah don’t leave me to myself (my ego) even for a blink of an eye. I will lose.” We don’t say that. This is the best of creation saying it! He wants to be with Allah always.
- The best of jihad is kalimatu haqq. Speaking for justice, to say the word of truth against an oppressor. The biggest tyrant is what? Not your leaders. Its yourself! Don’t look outward. Check yourself!
- Love is more important. When I go to mosque in America they say many times “You will go to Hellfire if you don’t do 5 prayers.” I say the opposite that if you do them, you will get paradise.
Sayyidina Ali krwj: “The whole Qur’an & Hadith is based on one point. Who understood that point can do whatever the Qur’an & Hadith advises. The head of wisdom is to fear Allah swt. If you have fear of Allah you get all kinds of wisdoms.”
- One sahabi came to the Prophet (s) and said, “The Shariah of Islam, its laws are too much for me. Give me something easy that I can make. So the Prophet (s) said “Make your tongue wet with dhikrullah.”
- Sayyidina Musa, “How can you be reciting ‘Glory to Allah SWT, the One Who has favored me over many whom He favored already, and He favored me more’? You have no arms and no legs!” The man said, “I am saying this because Allah made me a Muslim and not a kaafir.”
- How much we have to thank Allah that he made us Muslim. With thankfulness favor increases!
Struggle against yourself! Say that you want to get out of the darkness. Allah will support you.
- We are ignorant about spirituality! If we don’t know how many hairs we have, how do we even begin to know about our heart?
- Allah says, “My Jannah no one enters without affliction”.[divider]