Jackie Y. Ying is someone whose life defies expectations and stereotypes at every turn. In the largely male-dominated field of scientific research with few prominent Asians or Muslims, Professor Ying is a female, Chinese-Muslim whose work in the field of nanotechnology has earned her accolade after accolade throughout her career, earning her the position of […]
Khutbah Reflections: Lessons from the Prophets: Instilling Trustworthiness and Integrity in One’s Self
The khutbah on 21st December 2012 spoke of learning integrity from the prophets of Allah and also built upon the the quality of “Al-Wafaa” from the previous khutbah. [divider] Prophet Musa (AS) managed Prophet Syua’ib’s herd for 10 years even though his commitment was only for 8, Prophet Yusuf (AS) volunteered to be the treasurer of […]
The khutbah on Jumu’ah this time (7th December 2012) spoke on something that is close to our hearts. Well, in it actually. It can give us strength and bring out the best in us. That something is love but not just any kind of love; it is the one that transcends all others: it is […]
Recently there has been a lot of online buzz on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict that has existed since 1948 to the present day. Facebook, twitter, Instagram, you name it- all have this proliferation of images and videos on the conflict; consisting of soldiers and innocent civilians from both Israel and Palestine. One thing’s for sure and […]
It is now day 6 of the mounting conflict between Israel and the Gaza strip. Muslims familiar with the history and politics of the region naturally feel sympathetic for their brethren in Gaza. Amid the violence in Israel, a concurrent social media war has broken out on Facebook and Twitter between supporters of each […]
As you stepped into the restaurant, you would feel that you have entered into a realm of authentic Turkish culture in this café/restaurant. I was there for lunch last week at the Sofra Turkish Café & Restaurant situated at Shaw Tower, Beach Road. The restaurant is situated at the end of Level 2 and one […]
This week, I ask four Muslim couple friends one simple question – “Where did you have your first date?” Let’s read what they have to say, and deconstruct each uniquely Singaporean venue where once, an awkward first date turned into something magical. Geylang Bazaar [box_light]“She smelled like Dengdeng and Kebabs..” “He was so nervous – […]
You can read the first part of the event review here. [divider] As the audience slowly filled the Max Atria right after finishing maghrib prayers, one could see that it was an atmosphere of excitement and anticipation. Before the break, they were left in an uplifting mood by Ustaz Shafi, and right after maghrib, everyone […]
[box_dark]What: Mawlid Festival 2012 (www.mawlidfest.sg) Where: Singapore Expo Max Atria By: SimplyIslam.sg[/box_dark] You can read the post-maghrib event review here. [divider] Have you ever been in love? Well I have, and dare I say that the whole auditorium audience at Singapore Expo’s Max Atria fell in love if they had not already. With the same […]
[box_dark]What: Talk “Engage the Age” Who: Shaykh Abdal Hakim Murad Where: Urban Village, Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur When: 21st September, 2012 By: Crescent Collective, Urban Village & Fajr Symphony[/box_dark] Slowly, the crowd trickled into the modest space that Urban Village had prepared for the event as the rain poured outside in torrents. Apologizing for the delay, […]
A few days ago while I was walking home from an evening with happy friends and good food thanks to Geylang Bazaar’s annual ode to deep-frying, I experienced something that made me think about the simplest of acts and the most fundamental of all pleasures – giving and receiving. I was walking along a stretch […]
In this video, Shaykh Ahmad Saad talks about the importance of Ramadan, how we should behave in it and to welcome it. He also suggests that we dedicate our time & efforts this Ramadan to our parents & the elderly.
[box_dark]What: Lecture “Etiquette Before Knowledge” Who: Shaykh Ahmad Saad Where: Singapore Expo Max Atria When: 22nd June 2012 By: SimplyIslam.sg[/box_dark] Despite the relatively short length of his lecture, Shaykh Ahmad Saad spoke at great length on the relationship between etiquette (adab) and knowledge, focusing especially on the practices to be adopted by one seeking to […]
In Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World, the future is depicted as one where the masses are controlled – via the use of science and technology – to care only for superficial pleasures, in the process giving up their personal freedoms. Although Huxley, nearly blind at 16 because of an illness, wrote the novel in 1932, […]
[box_dark]What: Lecture “Love of the Nation is from Faith” Who: Shaykh Ahmad Saad When: 25th June 2012 Where: SMU Ngee Ann Kongsi Auditorium By: Muslim Societies of the various Universities, with the support of SimplyIslam.sg[/box_dark] If love of the nation is from faith, as narrated by our Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him), […]
- Habib Umar’s riveting talk at Sultan Mosque: Night of Mahabbah November 2016 November 3, 2016
- The Miraculous Night Journey and Heavenly Ascent: The Prophetic Mission for Humanity May 4, 2016
- Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? May 3, 2016
- In This Week: 2 Great Muslim Women Are Representing Singapore in Their Respective Fields April 26, 2016
- 14 Instagram Accounts All Singaporean Muslims Must Follow April 21, 2016
- Read this if you are struggling April 7, 2016
- Singaporean Ustadh Zahid aims to raise $32,000 for Syrian refugees by walking 32km March 8, 2016
- A Muslim’s Reflection on Kung Fu Panda 3 March 7, 2016
Top 5 Must-Have Muslim Apps – Radio Al Ansaar on Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps […] Source:MuzlimBuzz […]
Jean Phillip on Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant 19th May 2016 Paul is NOT Halal certified and does not ...
murujan on An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists Are you sure the people you are writing to even ...
Muhammad Alif Bin Abu Bakar on Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? ما شاء الله 👍🏽 On that note, a very prominent O&G ...
Saiha on Notes from Seeker’s Retreat 2013 – Realizations, Purpose, Ethics by Imam Afroz Ali Jazakallah khair for posting this sister. May Allah make you ...
Most Commented Posts Widget
- An Open Letter to Mr Jason Neo, Christian Eliab Ratnam and Donaldson Tan. By Muzlimbuzz on November 23, 2011 28
- LGBT Muslims: Starting a Conversation By Muzlimbuzz on July 20, 2012 27
- Zayn Malik: Pop Star AND Muslim By Muzlimbuzz on June 21, 2012 15
- Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps By Muzlimbuzz on April 15, 2011 15
- An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists By Muzlimbuzz on September 24, 2013 14
- A Horrible Story About A Muslim Marriage Meeting By Muzlimbuzz on June 10, 2011 14
- Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant By Muzlimbuzz on October 26, 2012 12
- Arts Feature: Paper Medina By Muzlimbuzz on January 16, 2012 10
- Circumcision in Islam: A Meaningless Tradition Worth Discarding? By Muzlimbuzz on November 11, 2013 10
- Wardina Safiyyah – Her Journey By Muzlimbuzz on November 22, 2012 8