In this invigorating talk, Shaykh Ahmad Saad links the events during al-Isra’ wal Mi’raj, the Miraculous Night Journey and Heavenly Ascent, to the mission of Prophet Muhammad ﷺ for humanity. Please watch the full lecture below or read the following excerpts: When we celebrate something, we are giving new life to the event and we have […]
Gender relations is one of the most misunderstood and abused topics in our communities. We often curtail the rights of women and shame and blame both men and women in its name. But how did the Prophet ﷺ train the Companions [God be pleased with them] when it came to making gender relations mistakes in […]
Nicole L is quickly becoming a household name as her petition to MUIS and Minister-in-charge of Muslim Affairs,Yacoob Ibrahim, entitled ‘Stop the mass animal slaughter in Singapore during Korban’, gains traction on social media and elsewhere. The controversy has also fueled many knee jerk responses that range from belligerent name-calling online, to a blatantly tit-for-tat […]
Book Review: Muhammad (saw) The Perfect Teacher: An Insight Into His Teaching Methods by Sheikh ‘Abd Al-Fattah Abu Ghuddah. Revised Translation by Moulana Mahomed Mahomedy[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
I spent a lot of time looking at art the year before I became a Muslim. Completing a degree in Philosophy and Fine Arts, I sat for hours in darkened classrooms where my professors projected pictures of great works of Western art on the wall. I worked in the archives for the Fine Arts department, […]
The khutbah on 22nd March reminded us to be gracious to everyone regardless of whether they’re Muslims or not. We’re all creations of Allah; descendants of Prophet Adam (AS) and we should afford each other with the same respect. Even when we are mistreated, it is imperative that we do not reply in kind. No […]
Khutbah Reflections: Lessons from the Sunnah of Rasulullah s.a.w. in Developing Leadership of the Ummah
The khutbah on 25th January 2013 spoke about 3 main points about Rasulullah(S)’s leadership that we can all learn from. They are: 1. Open Communication 2. Encourage Critical Thinking 3. Allow Questioning of Decisions When we hear the word “leader”, several things come to mind; A person of authority, someone that can make decisions or […]
“Ask yourselves a few basic questions before claiming that you love your Prophet Muhammad (S) – Are you obeying what he commanded and abstaining from things he forbade? – Are you in any way in your life practicing your Prophet’s action and sayings? – Under what circumstances are you willing to sacrifice your life or […]
[imagebrowser id=10] Mawlid an-Nabi The arrival of Rabi’ul Awal marks a month of wondrous celebrations all around the world as Muslims celebrate the birth of the Prophet Muhammad (S). From amidst the modern cityscape of Malaysia to the traditional settings of Kenya, Muslim men and women, adults and children alike parade in the streets or […]
[box_dark]What: Seerah Retreat Where: SimplyIslam Who: Shaykh Ahmad Saad When: 29 & 30th December 2012, 9am to 5pm By: SimplyIslam.sg[/box_dark] They say rain is a blessing. Well, blessed indeed were the students of the Seerah Retreat. From 9 in the morning, the hall steadily filled up with eager, anticipating faces, seated and patiently awaiting the […]
The khutbah by Ustaz Tengku Mohd Fouzy Bin Tengku Mahid Jumat (or better known as Ustaz TM Fouzy) at Masjid Al-Istiqamah on 11th January 2013 Rabiulawal was the month of the birth as well as the ascension to prophethood of our beloved Prophet Muhammad(S). It’s an opportune time to for us to reflect on how […]
Very often in Islam Muslims are encouraged to engage in social acts and acts of worship together: prayer in congregation is encouraged, going out on the day of ‘Eid and giving salam to one’s fellow brothers and sisters is required, smiling at one’s brother or sister in Islam is a highly meritorious act, and even […]
According to a recent report, the number of cases of hunger throughout the world in 2010 stands at a staggering 925 million people. What this means is that for every 7 people, at least 1 person is in dire need of food and facing malnutrition stemming from poverty. This trend combined with the fact that […]
Volunteers of the organisation Stand4Hussain handed out flowers to the people in Oslo, with cards attached to them containing an introduction to the holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). This was in response to the sacrilegious film Innocence of Muslims, that caused outrage all across the Muslim world.
Before I knocked off work yesterday evening, I read about the protests against an anti-Islam movie happening in Cairo & Libya. Thinking it was some wacko, attention-seeking Terry Jones-inspired jamboree, I didn’t put much thought into it. Don’t these things happen all the time? It was only later when I was informed via Twitter that […]
- Habib Umar’s riveting talk at Sultan Mosque: Night of Mahabbah November 2016 November 3, 2016
- The Miraculous Night Journey and Heavenly Ascent: The Prophetic Mission for Humanity May 4, 2016
- Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? May 3, 2016
- In This Week: 2 Great Muslim Women Are Representing Singapore in Their Respective Fields April 26, 2016
- 14 Instagram Accounts All Singaporean Muslims Must Follow April 21, 2016
- Read this if you are struggling April 7, 2016
- Singaporean Ustadh Zahid aims to raise $32,000 for Syrian refugees by walking 32km March 8, 2016
- A Muslim’s Reflection on Kung Fu Panda 3 March 7, 2016
Top 5 Must-Have Muslim Apps – Radio Al Ansaar on Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps […] Source:MuzlimBuzz […]
Jean Phillip on Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant 19th May 2016 Paul is NOT Halal certified and does not ...
murujan on An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists Are you sure the people you are writing to even ...
Muhammad Alif Bin Abu Bakar on Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? ما شاء الله 👍🏽 On that note, a very prominent O&G ...
Saiha on Notes from Seeker’s Retreat 2013 – Realizations, Purpose, Ethics by Imam Afroz Ali Jazakallah khair for posting this sister. May Allah make you ...
Most Commented Posts Widget
- An Open Letter to Mr Jason Neo, Christian Eliab Ratnam and Donaldson Tan. By Muzlimbuzz on November 23, 2011 28
- LGBT Muslims: Starting a Conversation By Muzlimbuzz on July 20, 2012 27
- Zayn Malik: Pop Star AND Muslim By Muzlimbuzz on June 21, 2012 15
- Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps By Muzlimbuzz on April 15, 2011 15
- An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists By Muzlimbuzz on September 24, 2013 14
- A Horrible Story About A Muslim Marriage Meeting By Muzlimbuzz on June 10, 2011 14
- Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant By Muzlimbuzz on October 26, 2012 12
- Arts Feature: Paper Medina By Muzlimbuzz on January 16, 2012 10
- Circumcision in Islam: A Meaningless Tradition Worth Discarding? By Muzlimbuzz on November 11, 2013 10
- Wardina Safiyyah – Her Journey By Muzlimbuzz on November 22, 2012 8