Interview with Dr Bilal Hassam: Extraordinary Muslim Youth
Dr Bilal Hassam (UK) is a medical doctor, youth leader, interfaith youth ambassador, khatib and activist.
He visited SimplyIslam in April 2012 and Muzlimbuzz got a chance to sit down and have a chat with this multi-talented man!
In this video, we ask him:
1) What are some of the lessons you’ve learned while working as a doctor at the geriatric ward?
2) Ramadan is in 85 days. How do you feel about that and what advice do you have for our readers?
3) What are your top 3 fav books of all time?
In this next video, we ask him:
1) As a young person who’s not very young anymore, you’ve beefed up not just your CV but your life experiences into something that’s quite admirable. What carpe diem message do you want to tell those with the gift of youth?
2) In Singapore, there’s a Muslim Society group in each university. Whilst membership is healthy during school years, the numbers dwindle greatly after graduation. How do graduates retain their passion & activism? What advice do you have from your own experience as a youth leader?
3) You mentioned that you just returned from Umrah. How was that experience?
4) What project(s) are you involved in now?
In this final video, we ask him to slip into his Khatib role and tell us on the Value of Time. He gives some enlightening answers!