Faith Schizophrenia by Shaykh Ahmad Saad
In this very relevant & poignant video, Shaykh Ahmad Saad addresses a very amusing phenomena that we see in the Muslim society today. All or most of us must have come across that sister who is very rigid and strict with a Muslim brother, but friendly & easy-going with non-Muslim men. This is the same for the Muslim brother & non-Muslim sisters.
I won’t spoil the video for you but here are some quote-worthy moments in the video:
- “…dichotomy between their inner states & their outer behaviour”
- “They don’t have lights emanating from their hearts to light their way (in their dark days). They are the slaves of moments.”
- “Communities that place physical barriers between men & women are weak communities. Because they try to hide the lack of moral responsibility behind these barriers.”
- “Lowering the gaze is the first hijab.”
- “The society that places too much pressure on physical segregation is a society that does not believe in moral responsibility.”
He then later talks about how the male & female Companions (may Allah be pleased with them all) dealt with each other and with the Prophet (S).
Watch the video to find out more! Leave your comments below.