I rely on the serene simplicity of spirituality In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. The beautiful diversity of Muslims seen at the mosque, women adorned in silky fabrics of a spectrum of colours, bright laughter matched with the light of their smiles: religion at its finest. We are one soul, one Ummah, fasting together […]
If we think about the practice of fasting across different religions in the world, a common trait we notice is that they all entail abstinence from one form of physical indulgence or another. In the Qur’an we are told, quite explicitly, the reason why we are required to fast: ‘in order to attain […]
or Muhammad Seifullah Giri Serfly, age is not a concern when it comes to fasting. The 7-year-old Primary One student at St Joseph Institution Junior started fasting when he was 5 years old, albeit only till 10:30 in the morning. Gradually, he tells me, he will fast till Zuhur and he finally managed a full day […]
“The fast of the ordinary people is abstaining from food, drink and sexual satisfaction. The fast of the elite is keeping one’s ears, eyes, tongue, hands and feet — and all other organs — free from sin. The fast of the elite of the elite is the fasting of the heart from unworthy concerns and […]
bismillah im falling in love in the middle of a Ramadan summer floating on little slumber nights filled with intense ecstatic ecstasy and wonder counting the many ways i love you on circular woodenstringed numbers on moist thirtythree fingercreased lovers its been so long since ive felt this way so long since theres been a night […]
Time, Knows not any bound nor distinction it ever makes, some maybe wealthy, others may not, some of us are young, others are not, but time cares not any of the above, for it cuts through the entire fabric of space, cuts clean across our entire existence in it, cuts like a sharp razor […]
I have been following the situation in East Africa very closely, and today I came across a report by Al-Jazeera English that really put some things into perspective for me. The report was about Somalian refugees and their observance of Ramadan. The refugees, who are struggling with famine and the drought in the area, […]
If there’s any staple food that deserves the title of Most Versatile, it would be pasta. C’mon, pasta types count to the hundreds and pasta dishes in the thousands. In fact, did you know that in the 1800, there are already 260 types of pasta? 211 years later, imagine the pasta population! Whether it be […]
Ramadan. Are you as excited as I am? Words can’t describe how happy I get at the sheer mention of this month, honestly. Ramadan. The Prophet saws was once climbing his three-step minbar. As he was climbing, he’d stay “Amin” each time he climbs a step. When asked about this, he said that the angel […]
The self, Often over burdened, With ever present rumblings of modernity, Full of information but so little hope, Full of tools for ease of living but nothing for happiness, Full of knowledge with little wisdom, Full of activity ever so far from peace, If one could only start over, Like formatting one’s own […]
any of us are hoping to lose weight this month. Thinking that not eating and drinking during the day will result in weight loss. Instead, Ramadan comes and goes leaving behind Jalaybee Jiggle– the weight gained during Ramadan despite fasting for twelve hours daily for an entire month! Making nutritious choices during Ramadan is definitely a […]
We had ELEVEN months to ourselves – to eat, to indulge in dunya, to sin, to consort with shaytaan. Now that he’s locked up and we are not burdened with his whisperings, let’s devote this ONE month to attain taqwa – as it was intended.
The anticipation, intensity of emotions and counting down to Ramadan is something totally unique to the Muslim experience. May Allah grant us lengthy lives to meet this coming Ramadan and many others!
- Habib Umar’s riveting talk at Sultan Mosque: Night of Mahabbah November 2016 November 3, 2016
- The Miraculous Night Journey and Heavenly Ascent: The Prophetic Mission for Humanity May 4, 2016
- Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? May 3, 2016
- In This Week: 2 Great Muslim Women Are Representing Singapore in Their Respective Fields April 26, 2016
- 14 Instagram Accounts All Singaporean Muslims Must Follow April 21, 2016
- Read this if you are struggling April 7, 2016
- Singaporean Ustadh Zahid aims to raise $32,000 for Syrian refugees by walking 32km March 8, 2016
- A Muslim’s Reflection on Kung Fu Panda 3 March 7, 2016
Top 5 Must-Have Muslim Apps – Radio Al Ansaar on Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps […] Source:MuzlimBuzz […]
Jean Phillip on Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant 19th May 2016 Paul is NOT Halal certified and does not ...
murujan on An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists Are you sure the people you are writing to even ...
Muhammad Alif Bin Abu Bakar on Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? ما شاء الله 👍🏽 On that note, a very prominent O&G ...
Saiha on Notes from Seeker’s Retreat 2013 – Realizations, Purpose, Ethics by Imam Afroz Ali Jazakallah khair for posting this sister. May Allah make you ...
Most Commented Posts Widget
- An Open Letter to Mr Jason Neo, Christian Eliab Ratnam and Donaldson Tan. By Muzlimbuzz on November 23, 2011 28
- LGBT Muslims: Starting a Conversation By Muzlimbuzz on July 20, 2012 27
- Zayn Malik: Pop Star AND Muslim By Muzlimbuzz on June 21, 2012 15
- Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps By Muzlimbuzz on April 15, 2011 15
- An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists By Muzlimbuzz on September 24, 2013 14
- A Horrible Story About A Muslim Marriage Meeting By Muzlimbuzz on June 10, 2011 14
- Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant By Muzlimbuzz on October 26, 2012 12
- Arts Feature: Paper Medina By Muzlimbuzz on January 16, 2012 10
- Circumcision in Islam: A Meaningless Tradition Worth Discarding? By Muzlimbuzz on November 11, 2013 10
- Wardina Safiyyah – Her Journey By Muzlimbuzz on November 22, 2012 8