In this video, Shaykh Ahmad Saad talks about the importance of Ramadan, how we should behave in it and to welcome it. He also suggests that we dedicate our time & efforts this Ramadan to our parents & the elderly.
Allah SWT says in Alqur’an, surah AlHujurat verse 12: “And do not spy or backbite each other. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his brother when dead? You would detest it. And fear Allah; indeed, Allah is accepting of repentance and Merciful.” The tongue is a means to good or evil. […]
In a narration recorded by Imam Ahmad on the authority of Salman Al Farisi (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of Allah (S) addressed us on the last day of the month of Sha’ban and said, “O men, there has come upon you a great month, a blessed month, in […]
[box_dark]What: “Spiritual Realities of Ramadan” Who: Habib Kadhim al-Saqqaf, Lecturer at Darul Mustafa, Tarim, Yemen. When: 8th July 2012, 745PM Where: SimplyIslam.sg By: SimplyIslam.sg[/box_dark] [quote]“Every type of remembrance of Allah – has an effect.”[/quote] In this lecture, Habib Kadhim addresses the realities of the soul within its physical embodiment – providing an intimate perspective of […]
Preparing For Ramadan with Al-Habib Umar bin Hafiz (May Allah Preserve Him) said: “Make sure you end Sha’ban in the best of states, for Allah records the rewards that we will receive and the supererogatory actions that we will perform before Ramadan enters. He also records the bad deeds and the wretchedness of those that […]
Ingredients Cornflakes Dark Chocolate 3 tablespoons of butter for every 9 oz of chocolate Directions 1. Melt the chocolate in a Bain Marie (chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water).2. Once the chocolate has melted add the butter. 3. Add the cornflakes to the chocolate. 4. Make sure all the cornflakes to […]
Ingredients 5 oz of dark chocolate (at least 60% cocoa) 3 large eggs 1 cup of sugar 1/4 cup of flour 5 tablespoons of butter 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom (or cinnamon, chili pepper, vanilla extract, etc.) Directions Melt the chocolate and butter in a bain-marie (or using a microwave). Once the chocolate and butter are […]
Ingredients Puff Pastry (for convenience buy pre-made puff pastry that can be found in the frozen section of any supermarket) Batch of pastry cream (can follow video on how to make pastry cream from scratch) 1 egg yolk for brushing pastry 1 tablespoon of apricot or peach jam (to glaze fruit) 1 tablespoon of orange […]
The crowds in the mosque during taraweeh, endless supply of air kathira (a drink consisting of kathira, syrup, nuts, malva seeds and others), Geylang Serai bazaar, Eid or Raya songs – these are the things that have contributed to the Ramadan experience in Singapore and may not even be given an ounce of attention anymore. […]
I can’t really say I’ve been an advocate of healthy eating; having stuffed my face with starch, fats and sugar endlessly. Well, healthy eating aside, let’s move on to a delish dessert that you can prepare at home for Iftar… … Hold it! Stop counting calories off this sweet little thing, will ya? The ingredients […]
As mere mortals who start something with so much fervour only to lose it after a week or two, this is an attempt to re-ignite the fervour you had at the start of Ramadan. This is especially important since the CLIMAX of Ramadan is truly in the last 10 nights where we iktikaf (hang out […]
For new bride Puti Ayu Setiani, not only is this her first Ramadan in Singapore, it is also her first as a wife. Although Puti & her husband, Delta Purna Widyangga, had been married for 6 months, they only started living together 3 weeks ago as Puti was still completing her studies in Indonesia while […]
- Habib Umar’s riveting talk at Sultan Mosque: Night of Mahabbah November 2016 November 3, 2016
- The Miraculous Night Journey and Heavenly Ascent: The Prophetic Mission for Humanity May 4, 2016
- Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? May 3, 2016
- In This Week: 2 Great Muslim Women Are Representing Singapore in Their Respective Fields April 26, 2016
- 14 Instagram Accounts All Singaporean Muslims Must Follow April 21, 2016
- Read this if you are struggling April 7, 2016
- Singaporean Ustadh Zahid aims to raise $32,000 for Syrian refugees by walking 32km March 8, 2016
- A Muslim’s Reflection on Kung Fu Panda 3 March 7, 2016
Top 5 Must-Have Muslim Apps – Radio Al Ansaar on Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps […] Source:MuzlimBuzz […]
Jean Phillip on Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant 19th May 2016 Paul is NOT Halal certified and does not ...
murujan on An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists Are you sure the people you are writing to even ...
Muhammad Alif Bin Abu Bakar on Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? ما شاء الله 👍🏽 On that note, a very prominent O&G ...
Saiha on Notes from Seeker’s Retreat 2013 – Realizations, Purpose, Ethics by Imam Afroz Ali Jazakallah khair for posting this sister. May Allah make you ...
Most Commented Posts Widget
- An Open Letter to Mr Jason Neo, Christian Eliab Ratnam and Donaldson Tan. By Muzlimbuzz on November 23, 2011 28
- LGBT Muslims: Starting a Conversation By Muzlimbuzz on July 20, 2012 27
- Zayn Malik: Pop Star AND Muslim By Muzlimbuzz on June 21, 2012 15
- Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps By Muzlimbuzz on April 15, 2011 15
- An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists By Muzlimbuzz on September 24, 2013 14
- A Horrible Story About A Muslim Marriage Meeting By Muzlimbuzz on June 10, 2011 14
- Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant By Muzlimbuzz on October 26, 2012 12
- Arts Feature: Paper Medina By Muzlimbuzz on January 16, 2012 10
- Circumcision in Islam: A Meaningless Tradition Worth Discarding? By Muzlimbuzz on November 11, 2013 10
- Wardina Safiyyah – Her Journey By Muzlimbuzz on November 22, 2012 8