As a Muslim man, I often envy my sisters in faith. This is because they have far more choices in terms of fashion. Even as naysayers claim that dressing modestly and wearing the hijab is an imposition upon Muslim women and an infringement of their rights, scores of style blogs and magazines sprout up to […]
This week, I ask four Muslim couple friends one simple question – “Where did you have your first date?” Let’s read what they have to say, and deconstruct each uniquely Singaporean venue where once, an awkward first date turned into something magical. Geylang Bazaar [box_light]“She smelled like Dengdeng and Kebabs..” “He was so nervous – […]
The latest season of Atas Heights 2 has resulted in a deeply polarizing effect on our Suria-watching community – viewers have either loved it to bits or they’ve hated it a vengeance. As much as I’d typically enjoy being a hater (it fills my soul with exciting murder-suicide scenarios and stimulating debates with fictitious characters […]
I was on reservist duty for the past 2 weeks and it was quite a ride! It’s been many years since I first served National Service as a young man and I could tell that things were very different this time round. Most distinctively, I could sense a strong and palpable feminine presence all around […]
Celebrating Hari Raya in the city definitely is my favourite part of the year! It’s a time of flashing technicolour lights, searing hot sambal goreng and little green bombs exploding with dollar notes. Now, I don’t want to be anyone’s downer but it’s not always rainbows and sunshine when it comes to visiting family and […]
You might have noticed from the mini-bazaars popping up at your HDB void deck that Hari Raya is coming up in a few weeks! (The fact that you’re fasting should also be a giant clue, by the way.) Now is the perfect time for us to discuss the key factors that go into choosing the […]
The beautiful and sacred month of Ramadhan is now upon us and as fellow Muslims, we have all been looking forward to this special time. I relish and welcome the opportunity to bring myself closer to God, but as with everything that is worth doing well, the journey that is Ramadhan is not without it’s […]
So the current season of Anak Metropolitan is almost over (We’re down 12 episodes and I suspect the show will be ending soon since there’s not much left to explore content-wise, unless they’re about to expose the little known gangster-underworld happening in kindergartens next – they’ve already infiltrated secondary school kids and primary school kids […]
Visiting elders, teachers, relatives and friends are deeply encouraged to mend broken relations, strengthen existing bonds and to increase the love between Muslims and communities. However, there are certain adab (etiquettes) that guests and hosts should keep in mind so that this act of visiting and hosting does not become a burden on any party. […]
[quote]”Disgraceful”[/quote] [quote]”Rebecca Black’s “Friday” have got nothing on this!”[/quote] and [quote]”Trash, absolute trash”[/quote] are just some of the many negative comments that have come forward since a video of the NDP rehearsal came out on 2nd July. Embedding is disabled but you can watch it here (if you haven’t already): http://youtu.be/aoExTn7PC2E And here’s a cover of […]
So you’ve met someone you think can lead you in this life (and don’t mind him driving you up the wall all the time), your parents approve of him, his parents like you and soon enough, the two of you are engaged! Alhamdulillah! You dream about your pending halal fairytale. You plan your sunnah-fied wedding […]
This letter is addressed to one Mohamed Sadiq, who has happily & successfully graduated from Singapore Polytechnic as of 23rd May 2011. Seeing as to how the Editor of this awesome magazine is his sister, she has cleverly exploited her editorial privileges to include this personal letter onto the site on the grounds that it […]
The Daily Show – Big Mohammed’s House Tags: Daily Show Full Episodes,Political Humor & Satire Blog,The Daily Show on Facebook
Who said creativity is dead in Singapore? We found this video spoof on Youtube honoring Mr Yam Ah Mee, the officer who had to repeat those very words multiple times throughout the night when announcing the election results.
- Habib Umar’s riveting talk at Sultan Mosque: Night of Mahabbah November 2016 November 3, 2016
- The Miraculous Night Journey and Heavenly Ascent: The Prophetic Mission for Humanity May 4, 2016
- Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? May 3, 2016
- In This Week: 2 Great Muslim Women Are Representing Singapore in Their Respective Fields April 26, 2016
- 14 Instagram Accounts All Singaporean Muslims Must Follow April 21, 2016
- Read this if you are struggling April 7, 2016
- Singaporean Ustadh Zahid aims to raise $32,000 for Syrian refugees by walking 32km March 8, 2016
- A Muslim’s Reflection on Kung Fu Panda 3 March 7, 2016
Top 5 Must-Have Muslim Apps – Radio Al Ansaar on Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps […] Source:MuzlimBuzz […]
Jean Phillip on Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant 19th May 2016 Paul is NOT Halal certified and does not ...
murujan on An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists Are you sure the people you are writing to even ...
Muhammad Alif Bin Abu Bakar on Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? ما شاء الله 👍🏽 On that note, a very prominent O&G ...
Saiha on Notes from Seeker’s Retreat 2013 – Realizations, Purpose, Ethics by Imam Afroz Ali Jazakallah khair for posting this sister. May Allah make you ...
Most Commented Posts Widget
- An Open Letter to Mr Jason Neo, Christian Eliab Ratnam and Donaldson Tan. By Muzlimbuzz on November 23, 2011 28
- LGBT Muslims: Starting a Conversation By Muzlimbuzz on July 20, 2012 27
- Zayn Malik: Pop Star AND Muslim By Muzlimbuzz on June 21, 2012 15
- Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps By Muzlimbuzz on April 15, 2011 15
- An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists By Muzlimbuzz on September 24, 2013 14
- A Horrible Story About A Muslim Marriage Meeting By Muzlimbuzz on June 10, 2011 14
- Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant By Muzlimbuzz on October 26, 2012 12
- Arts Feature: Paper Medina By Muzlimbuzz on January 16, 2012 10
- Circumcision in Islam: A Meaningless Tradition Worth Discarding? By Muzlimbuzz on November 11, 2013 10
- Wardina Safiyyah – Her Journey By Muzlimbuzz on November 22, 2012 8