MashaAllah, it is not often that we get to see a renowned scholar in an informal setting, when he is relaxed and not at a formal lecture event etc. In this precious video by Sout Ilaahi, we get to experience a side of Shaykh Ninowy that few are privy to. He actually sings a whole […]
Recently, I’ve watched this video about loving Allah. For one the topic of loving Allah is a very deep and spiritual journey that we should desire to undertake and go into deeper to discover intimately. However, the journey is fraught with a lot of doubts and questions and of course confusions. What does it […]
Alhamdulillah, I was blessed to have had the chance to interview award-winning journalist and author, Shafiq Morton. He was in Singapore recently to launch his new book “Surfing Behind the Walls – My Palestinian Journey”. In the video below, you can watch part of the interview that I had with him. In it, he answers […]
In the 3-min clip above, you’ll get to see how an exhibition in Sydney is dispelling myths about the Muslim hijab. It showcases Muslimah wear that are fashionable and beautiful, and also sports gear that allow Muslim women to engage in sporting activities without worrying about compromising on their faith.
Abdul Sattar Edhi, 84, gave up everything to devote his life to helping Pakistan’s poorest. From standing on the foot paths to beg for the poor, to establishing Pakistan’s biggest network of shelter homes and ambulance service, here is the selfless journey of a true living saint. He has been nominated for the Nobel Peace […]
“The climate of suspicion towards our fellow American Muslims compromises the great values that our country was founded upon. Take the pledge and stand with American Muslims: http://www.myfellowamerican.us Follow us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/MyFellowAmericanProject Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/usmuslimstories Please note that, while we invite your comments, the My Fellow American Channel was created to […]
Audio track: Qasidah Bushra Lana Bushra lana nilnal-muna, zalal-‘ana wafal-hana Wad-dahru anjaza wa’dahu, wal-bishru adha mu’lana Glad tidings for us, we have attained our highest wish troubles have ceased, and well-being has come. Destiny (or: history) has delivered what was promised, and joy has become manifest everywhere. Ya nafsu tibi bil-liqa, ya ‘ainu qarriya […]
Audio track: Qasidah Ya Imam al-Rusli Ya imam al rusli ya sanadi, Anta babullahi mu’tamadi Fabidun yahya wa aa-khirati ya Rasullulah hihud biyadee O leader of all Prophets, o you my Support, You are the door to Allah, the one on whom I rely. In this my dunya and in my afterlife, O Messenger of […]
Tholama asyku ghoromi yaa nurol wujud wa unadi ya tihaami yaa ma’dinal juud For so long I have complained of my loneliness Oh light of existence, light of Allah… I mention, I call you, oh, Noble Mecca, Source of excellence and sublimity… Mun-yati aqshol maromi ahzho bissyuhud wa aro baabas salami yaa azkal judud […]
Mawla ya salli wa sallim daa’iman abadann ‘Ala habeebika khayril khalqi kullihimi O Allah, send prayers and peace always and forever Upon Your beloved (pbuh), the best from all creations Muhammadun sayyidul kawnayni wath-thaqalayn Wal fareeqayni min ‘urbiw-wa min ‘ajami Muhammad is the leader of the two worlds and the two beings (men […]
I came across this video on Misrepresentation of women in the Media. And while it was focused on American television, I think I can safely say that most of our media consumption do come from that area of the world. Here’s the video: And here’s a poem on “Our Rightful Heroines”: True, sincere, believing […]
ELEVEN magazine is a biannual publication produced by Nanyang Technological University Muslim Society (NTUMS). The title ‘ELEVEN’ comes from the summation of the 5 Pillars of Islam and 6 Pillars of Imaan. ELEVEN seeks to be a source of inspiration, a spiritual revivification and an easy yet intellectual read. [quote]”Invite to the Way of your […]
Praise be to Allah, most Gracious, most Compassionate. Humility is among some of the supreme blessings which Allah, in His divine wisdom, bestows on His servants. Allah says: [quote]“And by the Mercy of Allah, you dealt with them gently. And had you been severe and harsh-hearted, they would have broken away from about you.” (Surah […]
It is through even a short walk in the city, in the many bustling cities of this world, teeming with busy people anxious about their hectic lives, that one will note the utter preoccupation of humans with their everyday lives. In seeing businessmen and women, speaking quickly on their Blackberries and walking hastily to their […]
- Habib Umar’s riveting talk at Sultan Mosque: Night of Mahabbah November 2016 November 3, 2016
- The Miraculous Night Journey and Heavenly Ascent: The Prophetic Mission for Humanity May 4, 2016
- Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? May 3, 2016
- In This Week: 2 Great Muslim Women Are Representing Singapore in Their Respective Fields April 26, 2016
- 14 Instagram Accounts All Singaporean Muslims Must Follow April 21, 2016
- Read this if you are struggling April 7, 2016
- Singaporean Ustadh Zahid aims to raise $32,000 for Syrian refugees by walking 32km March 8, 2016
- A Muslim’s Reflection on Kung Fu Panda 3 March 7, 2016
Top 5 Must-Have Muslim Apps – Radio Al Ansaar on Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps […] Source:MuzlimBuzz […]
Jean Phillip on Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant 19th May 2016 Paul is NOT Halal certified and does not ...
murujan on An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists Are you sure the people you are writing to even ...
Muhammad Alif Bin Abu Bakar on Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? ما شاء الله 👍🏽 On that note, a very prominent O&G ...
Saiha on Notes from Seeker’s Retreat 2013 – Realizations, Purpose, Ethics by Imam Afroz Ali Jazakallah khair for posting this sister. May Allah make you ...
Most Commented Posts Widget
- An Open Letter to Mr Jason Neo, Christian Eliab Ratnam and Donaldson Tan. By Muzlimbuzz on November 23, 2011 28
- LGBT Muslims: Starting a Conversation By Muzlimbuzz on July 20, 2012 27
- Zayn Malik: Pop Star AND Muslim By Muzlimbuzz on June 21, 2012 15
- Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps By Muzlimbuzz on April 15, 2011 15
- An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists By Muzlimbuzz on September 24, 2013 14
- A Horrible Story About A Muslim Marriage Meeting By Muzlimbuzz on June 10, 2011 14
- Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant By Muzlimbuzz on October 26, 2012 12
- Arts Feature: Paper Medina By Muzlimbuzz on January 16, 2012 10
- Circumcision in Islam: A Meaningless Tradition Worth Discarding? By Muzlimbuzz on November 11, 2013 10
- Wardina Safiyyah – Her Journey By Muzlimbuzz on November 22, 2012 8