It was barely a year ago, that while searching for nasheeds over the Internet, I chanced upon a video clip of the Al-Kindi Ensemble during one of their many performances. I remembered the melody of that particular nasheed taking me away; as I watched the dervishes on my screen whirl in their flowing robes, there […]
This author hasn't written their bio yet.
Muzlimbuzz has contributed 615 entries to our website, so far.
Initially, Sufi music was associated with the growth of Islamic culture not just in India but all over the world. But today, Indian Sufi music is for one & all. Sufi music in India today have transcended the boundaries of religion and have reached to everyone. It is no longer bounded by traditional Muslim beliefs, […]
Our paradise and hell, the parents… When I was having my first child, the very thing that kept on coming to my mind was how in the world my parents dealt with this situation. It was so difficult to take care of a child for there were so many responsibilities. You have to feed them […]
“Allah has sent down both the disease and the cure, and He has appointed a cure for every disease, so treat yourselves medically, but use nothing unlawful” (Sunan Abu Dawood) What is really amazing about Islam is that it’s not only a set of rules to be followed by a bunch of people but it […]
An abode of tranquillity, an atmosphere filled with the essence of truly divine worship and a place where you can come loaded with the burdens of all your worldly affairs and head back home with a light heart….a mosque is such a beautiful place to enrich your soul with an honest prayer to Almighty Allah […]
Stripes are a classic, timeless look that makes an appearance every spring and 2011 is no different. This year’s stripped look takes on a nautical feel with a navy and white colour scheme. Throw out the often heard myth that wearing stripes makes you look wider. Contrary to popular belief, a recent study found that […]
Lets face it. If you’re not using an iPhone, you either have an Android or a Blackberry, or are saving up to get either one. If neither of the options apply to you, congratulations for successfully getting rid of the love for dunya in your heart and go to our Spirituality section for articles that would […]
Last Ramadan, as my family gulped down our iftar meal, scrambled to the toilet to get ready for tarawih and later piled in the car to get to the mosque, my brother always pleaded “Please don’t go to Sultan Mosque. Go somewhere else.” Lest you think his appeal was to escape a 20-rakaah tarawih, or […]
“We have indeed created man in the best of moulds” The Holy Quran (95:4) The body given to man is an Amana , to be preserved and cared for during the lifetime of the individual, to lead a healthy and righteous way of life as guided by the Holy Quran. Man endures the pleasures and […]
الحمدلله على نعمة الإسلام ؛ وكفى بها نعمة All Praise is due to Allah for the Blessing of Islam, and it suffices as a Blessing This feeling sums up my short experience in Thailand and how one of my last days in the capital city of “the Kingdom of Siam” enabled me to experience a […]
If the trend a few years ago is everything skinny, this year’s trend is defined by everything not-skinny. Rejoice sisters for the wide leg pants is back! The loose silhouette makes it a modest look for the modern muslimah. While it is comfortable, it is also elegant and tres chic! Muzlim Hottie presents three different […]
“Assalaamualaykum warahmatullah, assalaamualaykum warahmatullah,” I muttered under my breath as I looked over my right and left to end my Maghrib prayer. Having had errands to run and classes to attend the past few nights, I was finally enjoying the silent comfort of my room to pray Maghrib without having to rush elsewhere after. I […]
Going through many stages of life we often come across situations in which we control ourselves through religious boundaries. At times one thinks, what if there were no religious boundaries would there be something as a wrong or right? Would we be obligated to live our lives by a set of rules, breakage of which […]
“Allah is the light of the Heavens and the Earth. An example of His light is like a lantern inside which there is a torch, the torch is in a glass bulb, the glass bulb is like a bright planet lit by a blessed olive tree, neither Eastern nor Western, its oil almost glows, […]
The face of the world has so drastically changed since the sixth century in every minute detail that, were we to try to imitate the Prophet (SAW) in his slightest actions, it would prove quasi impossible. I once discussed with some young people who held the opinion that it is extremely difficult to lead a […]
- Habib Umar’s riveting talk at Sultan Mosque: Night of Mahabbah November 2016 November 3, 2016
- The Miraculous Night Journey and Heavenly Ascent: The Prophetic Mission for Humanity May 4, 2016
- Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? May 3, 2016
- In This Week: 2 Great Muslim Women Are Representing Singapore in Their Respective Fields April 26, 2016
- 14 Instagram Accounts All Singaporean Muslims Must Follow April 21, 2016
- Read this if you are struggling April 7, 2016
- Singaporean Ustadh Zahid aims to raise $32,000 for Syrian refugees by walking 32km March 8, 2016
- A Muslim’s Reflection on Kung Fu Panda 3 March 7, 2016
Top 5 Must-Have Muslim Apps – Radio Al Ansaar on Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps […] Source:MuzlimBuzz […]
Jean Phillip on Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant 19th May 2016 Paul is NOT Halal certified and does not ...
murujan on An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists Are you sure the people you are writing to even ...
Muhammad Alif Bin Abu Bakar on Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? ما شاء الله 👍🏽 On that note, a very prominent O&G ...
Saiha on Notes from Seeker’s Retreat 2013 – Realizations, Purpose, Ethics by Imam Afroz Ali Jazakallah khair for posting this sister. May Allah make you ...
Most Commented Posts Widget
- An Open Letter to Mr Jason Neo, Christian Eliab Ratnam and Donaldson Tan. By Muzlimbuzz on November 23, 2011 28
- LGBT Muslims: Starting a Conversation By Muzlimbuzz on July 20, 2012 27
- Zayn Malik: Pop Star AND Muslim By Muzlimbuzz on June 21, 2012 15
- Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps By Muzlimbuzz on April 15, 2011 15
- An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists By Muzlimbuzz on September 24, 2013 14
- A Horrible Story About A Muslim Marriage Meeting By Muzlimbuzz on June 10, 2011 14
- Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant By Muzlimbuzz on October 26, 2012 12
- Arts Feature: Paper Medina By Muzlimbuzz on January 16, 2012 10
- Circumcision in Islam: A Meaningless Tradition Worth Discarding? By Muzlimbuzz on November 11, 2013 10
- Wardina Safiyyah – Her Journey By Muzlimbuzz on November 22, 2012 8