The cycle is familiar enough to most, if not all of us. Something vaguely controversial happens. Muslims organise an event to educate other Muslims on the etiquette of touching dogs. A deceased non-Muslim politician is lauded in the Friday khutbah. Muslim celebrities are featured as ambassadors for a gay pride event. The controversy goes viral […]
This author hasn't written their bio yet.
Muzlimbuzz has contributed 615 entries to our website, so far.
When the end of Ramadan approaches, Muslims everywhere get ready for the celebration of the festival of Eid ul Fitr, known in this region as Hari Raya Puasa or Hari Raya Aidilfitri. One of the more interesting things about how Raya is celebrated, as the festival is commonly known, is that celebrations stretch for the […]
Praises be to the Lord of the world, we have managed to steer through Ramadhan with His Grace and emerged victorious over and high above our desires. And now, Eid is here, welcoming us with takbir and lots of food. Lots and lots of glorious food. Of course, some of us will say that […]
SubhanAllah it feels just like last week that we welcomed Ramadan with joy & elation! And here I am, compiling tips from 10 local asatizah to help us plan our last 10 nights in Ramadan. May they be of benefit inshaAllah! Tip for the family: “The key word for Ramadhan as a family is ‘Together’. […]
As I sit in the office this week trying to write “How to Get Over the Mid-Ramadan Slump”, words evade me. All I can think of is the visits to and fro the hospital as I visit my 23-year-old cousin who lie 97% motionless, with wires & tubes coming out of his nose and […]
If you, like me and far too many others, were taught the basics of Islam when you were young only to spend the rest of your misguided youth ignoring everything that you were taught and then come back to the deen (religion) as an adult, this article is for you. This piece is not by […]
Since getting older, I have a newfound appreciation for how Islam is practised in Singapore. While a younger me might have been been confused at what was being recited in between tarawih prayers at the mosque and read along after it got familiar to my ears, I now actually know what I’m reciting and understand […]
If you have non-Muslim colleagues who are missing their lunch buddies this month, perhaps this will give them a better idea of what’s really going on with Muslims this Ramadan. Your Muslim classmates and colleagues may look pale, have chapped lips and look adoringly at the clock counting down to 713pm to break their fast, but […]
Islamic Marketing is a very new field in Marketing. While concepts of inviting non-Muslims towards Islam (da’wah) and enjoining others to do good and forbid evil (amr ma’ruf nahi munkar) are not alien to the Islamic tradition, these have to be recognized as the communication process of the value delivery, and a tip of what […]
Going on a pilgrimage be it Umrah or Hajj is, as cliche as it sounds, an experience of a lifetime. One of the best descriptions I’ve read of a pilgrimage is the following by Bruce Feiler of the New York Times: “So much of religion as it’s been practiced for centuries has been largely passive. People […]
Earlier this morning after Fajr prayer at Masjid Al Abdul Razak, Habib Ali Zaenal Abidin who was here for a newly-commenced Riyadus Shalihin monthly class, gave a short talk to the congregants. Habib started off by mentioning how a lot of people are wasteful in their gift of good health and free time by not […]
On twitter. *scrolls feed* Picture: Thick wallet with 1K notes Caption: OMG. Life goals. #lifegoals #rich #yolo *scrolls feed again* Post: My parents seriously??!! What the. Urgh. *scrolls feed again..* Post: BTO money, transport, road tax, bills. When am I getting rich?! This is the kind of world we live in […]
In today’s post-modern world, where just about anybody with access to social media can proffer an opinion, how does a believer become rightly-guided? Where does a Muslim’s moral compass come from? About 100 people showed up at 152 Still Road, the former premises of the Al-Khairiah Islamic School, for a workshop by Ustadh Usama Canon, […]
An article was published on The Huffington Post entitled An Open Letter to Moderate Muslims, written by one Ali A. Rizvi, self-described as a “Pakistani-Canadian writer, physician, and musician”, who is in the midst of writing his first book entitled The Atheist Muslim. For an article that starts off purporting to understand that, yes, ordinary […]
The meaning of true service Sunday’s workshop by SimplyIslam on the topic of Spirituality of Service kickstarted with Ustadh Usama Canon sharing a hypothetical story about two Muslim men – Yahya and John – leading two very equal lives: Both are family men. Both have regular office jobs in a (good) company. And both work […]
- Habib Umar’s riveting talk at Sultan Mosque: Night of Mahabbah November 2016 November 3, 2016
- The Miraculous Night Journey and Heavenly Ascent: The Prophetic Mission for Humanity May 4, 2016
- Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? May 3, 2016
- In This Week: 2 Great Muslim Women Are Representing Singapore in Their Respective Fields April 26, 2016
- 14 Instagram Accounts All Singaporean Muslims Must Follow April 21, 2016
- Read this if you are struggling April 7, 2016
- Singaporean Ustadh Zahid aims to raise $32,000 for Syrian refugees by walking 32km March 8, 2016
- A Muslim’s Reflection on Kung Fu Panda 3 March 7, 2016
Top 5 Must-Have Muslim Apps – Radio Al Ansaar on Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps […] Source:MuzlimBuzz […]
Jean Phillip on Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant 19th May 2016 Paul is NOT Halal certified and does not ...
murujan on An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists Are you sure the people you are writing to even ...
Muhammad Alif Bin Abu Bakar on Why Do Muslims Behave As if They Are Afraid of the Opposite Sex? ما شاء الله 👍🏽 On that note, a very prominent O&G ...
Saiha on Notes from Seeker’s Retreat 2013 – Realizations, Purpose, Ethics by Imam Afroz Ali Jazakallah khair for posting this sister. May Allah make you ...
Most Commented Posts Widget
- An Open Letter to Mr Jason Neo, Christian Eliab Ratnam and Donaldson Tan. By Muzlimbuzz on November 23, 2011 28
- LGBT Muslims: Starting a Conversation By Muzlimbuzz on July 20, 2012 27
- Zayn Malik: Pop Star AND Muslim By Muzlimbuzz on June 21, 2012 15
- Top 10 Must-Have Muslim Apps By Muzlimbuzz on April 15, 2011 15
- An Open Letter to “Islamic” Extremists By Muzlimbuzz on September 24, 2013 14
- A Horrible Story About A Muslim Marriage Meeting By Muzlimbuzz on June 10, 2011 14
- Food Review: PAUL French Bakery Restaurant By Muzlimbuzz on October 26, 2012 12
- Arts Feature: Paper Medina By Muzlimbuzz on January 16, 2012 10
- Circumcision in Islam: A Meaningless Tradition Worth Discarding? By Muzlimbuzz on November 11, 2013 10
- Wardina Safiyyah – Her Journey By Muzlimbuzz on November 22, 2012 8